By P N Paleĭ; D I Ri︠a︡bchikov; Mark Moiseevich Seni︠a︡vin; Institut geokhimii i analiticheskoĭ khimii im. V.I. Vernadskogo
Read Online or Download Analytical chemistry of uranium PDF
Best inorganic books
Totally up-to-date and extended to mirror contemporary advances, this Fourth variation of the vintage textual content offers scholars chemists with a very good creation to the rules and common houses of organometallic compounds, in addition to together with functional info on response mechanisms and specific descriptions of latest purposes.
Content material: Overwiew of coatings for advanded purposes / P. Zarras . .. [et al. ] -- Anticorrosion and antifouling coatings -- strong point coatings -- complicated concepts for measuring coating functionality.
NOx similar Chemistry is a quantity of a chain that offers well timed and informative summaries of the present growth in quite a few topic components inside of inorganic chemistry, starting from bio-inorganic to stable country stories. This acclaimed serial good points stories written by way of specialists within the box and serves as an crucial connection with complicated researchers.
- Elementary Physicochemical Processes on Solid Surfaces
- Handbook on the Physics & Chemistry of Rare Earths, Volume 41
- Organofluorine Chemistry
- Studies on Porous Monolithic Materials Prepared via Sol–Gel Processes
- Molecular Nanomagnets and Related Phenomena
Additional info for Analytical chemistry of uranium
The off gases comprising water vapor and unused gases (N2 + H2) are scrubbed in a water spray column before they are released. The UO2 powder thus produced is subjected to partial oxidation on the surface with limited quantity of air in a rotary tube again, to get a stable uranium dioxide (UO2) powder. The UO2 powder is then compacted in a hydraulic press/rotary compactor to increase the bulk density, granulated, and mixed with a binder. The binder-mixed granules are subjected to final compaction to give the cylindrical-shaped pellets of specified dimensions and density (Green Pellets).
UF6 is inert in several dry gases like nitrogen, oxygen, CO2, chlorine, and bromine. Its reaction with reducing agents leads to formation of UF4 and intermediate uranium fluoride compounds mentioned earlier. 4b) This is an autocatalytic reaction that can continue in principle until all the silica or the UF6 is consumed while the HF and H2O molecules remain in the system. UF6 can also react with most metals by the formation of a metal fluoride and is consequently reduced to UF4 (or other nonvolatile intermediate uranium fluorides).
10. First, the UOC is placed in a large stainless steel reactor and nitric acid (concentrated or slightly diluted) is added and heated to dissolve the uranium oxides in the yellow cake. Waste materials that are not dissolved sink to the bottom of the reactor and are removed by filtering. The solution containing the uranium in the form of uranyl nitrate [UO2(NO3)2] is transported to a series of mixer-settlers where purification takes place by liquid–liquid extraction with an organic phase consisting of kerosene and tributylphosphate (TBP).