By C Gleitzer; et al
Content material: Mixed-valence iron oxides / C. Gleitzer, J.B. Goodenough -- another method of non-molecular crystal buildings with emphasis at the preparations of cations / M. O'Keefe, B.G. Hyde -- Redox reactions of sulphur-containing amino-acid residues in proteins and metalloproteins, an XPS learn / U. Weser -- writer index, volumes 1-61
Read or Download Cation Ordering and Electron Transfer PDF
Similar inorganic books
Absolutely up to date and elevated to mirror contemporary advances, this Fourth version of the vintage textual content offers scholars chemists with a superb advent to the rules and common homes of organometallic compounds, in addition to together with functional info on response mechanisms and particular descriptions of latest functions.
Content material: Overwiew of coatings for advanded functions / P. Zarras . .. [et al. ] -- Anticorrosion and antifouling coatings -- strong point coatings -- complicated recommendations for measuring coating functionality.
NOx similar Chemistry is a quantity of a chain that provides well timed and informative summaries of the present development in various topic parts inside of inorganic chemistry, starting from bio-inorganic to good nation reviews. This acclaimed serial good points experiences written by means of specialists within the box and serves as an fundamental connection with complicated researchers.
- Synthesis and Properties of Silicones and Silicone-Modified Materials
- The Chemistry of Sulphones and Sulphoxides
- Progress in Inorganic Chemistry, Volume 57
- Bioinorganic Chemistry: A Short Course
Additional resources for Cation Ordering and Electron Transfer
This latter reduction causes the energy A of Fig. 3 to be lowered at the FeA iron nearest-neighbor to a C ~ + ion, and as the number of nearest-neighbor C ~ ÷ ions increases, Fe 2+ ions become stabilized. Thus for larger x the local chemical inhomogeneities tend to produce, in this case, Fe~+ ions in Cr3÷-rich regions and Fe3A+ ions in C~÷-poor regions. The first indication that this might be the case comes from extreme deviations from V6gard's law, the a0 vs x plot indicating four distinct linear regions of widely different slope~31, t32), see Fig.
504. 2Mno. sGao . 4+ Lotgering and Van Diepen 191) were able to demonstrate convincingly that reaction (32) holds for the B sites as well as the A sites. 3 eV for small-polaron Mn a+ holes t91). The Mn~+ ion is a strong Jahn-Teller ion (configuration 5Eg), so the holes in the Mn3+/2+: 3 d 5 band form more stable small polarons. (d) CuxFe3-x04. 0, which can be expected to contain the mixed valences Cu 2+/+ because of the reaction Fe 2+ + Cu2+---~ Fe 3+ + Cu + (33) Mixed-Valence Iron Oxides 45 Whereas the Cu 2+ ion does not compete strongly with Fe 3t ions for the A sites, the Cu ÷ ion does.
512°); several ordered arrangements are possible depending on the thermal treatment m). The stronger (sp 3) covalence at an FeaA÷ ion displaces the lower-valent Li ÷ ion to an octahedral site. 5) has a high Curie temperature and can be fabricated so as to give a square hysteresis loop satisfactory for digital-computer "memory" cores. In this application, the dielectric losses connected with the presence of mobile charge carders can cause a dramatic loss in core quality. The mobile carriers may be introduced by 34 C.